In 2006, Jesse Lee Church took a huge leap of faith. After a diligent church wide discernment process, we bought two derelict buildings adjoining our campus without sufficient funds to renovate. A volunteer construction ministry was born. The Spirit led us to discover our gifts and to give of our time and talents. Church and community bonds grew stronger, and we were blessed by unimagined results: 7,000 square feet of new meeting space, including a Chapel and another parsonage.
Expanded Campus Facilitated Growth and Accessibility
|Sunday Services, including|
|Sunday School enrollment||160||220|
|Youth group participation||60||120|
|Full Time Music Minister||0||1|
|Handicap accessible facilities||1||4|
|Chapel for smaller gatherings||No||Yes|
Build your church community with home grown talents
- Is your relevant ministry trapped in an outdated building?
- Could the youth use more space?
- Does the congregation yearn for a chapel?
- Does a neighbor need a handicapped accessible ramp to her home?
Do solutions sound impossible? There are ways to engage the gifts of your church members to build up the body of Christ.
God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love, and self discipline. 2 Timothy 7
We invite and challenge you to become Spirit Builders.
Contact Us to coordinate a presentation.
Who should come?
- Pastors who believe…
- Trustees planning church renovations
- Leaders with a passion to build
Schedule for Day One
5:00-7:00pm – Registration, reception and welcome
7:00-8:00pm — Dinner
8:00-9:30pm — “Our story” and equipping Spirit Builders at your church
Schedule for Day Two
7:30-8:15am — Morning devotions and breakfast
8:15-12:30pm — Classes
12:30-1:30pm — Lunch
1:30-5:30pm – Construction and/or meal prep
6:00-7:00pm — Dinner
7:00-8:30pm — Project Planning Workshop
Schedule for Day Three
7:30-8:15am — Breakfast
8:15-9:00am — Sunday Worship
9:00-12:00noon — Classes
12:00-1:00pm — Lunch
1:00-3:30pm — Construction
3:30pm — Closing
Class topics include the following:
- Role of the Spirit: Seeking, feeling, following
- Building a core team of leaders
- Identifying the functional use of the space to be built or renovated
- Planning the project: scope & project design
- Setting a realistic budget
- Community approvals
- Building enthusiasm and recruiting workers
- Mentoring and skill building
- Problem resolution
- Feeding the workers and supporters
- Celebrating and recognizing the project completion
Check payable to “Jesse Lee Memorial UMC”
$65 includes 2 night accommodations at Camp Epworth & 6 meals prepared by Spirit Builders
($55 for early registration, 30 days prior to the event)
Print and complete Registration Form (click to download). Mail form and payment to:
Carole Stathis, Spirit Builders at Jesse Lee Church
207 Main Street
Ridgefield, CT 06877
Call Carole Stathis (203) 733-7794
or Email: email@example.com